The primary BIC server powers the BIC processes such as licensing, OCR, classification, and extraction. All BIC servers require a server-class system to run in a production environment.
The requirements do not include any amount of memory or disk space you require for the operating system, environment, or other software that runs on the same machine. In addition to the recommended disk space, we recommend hot swappable hard drives and the use of RAID controllers.
Minimum hardware recommendations vary based on the number of daily processed documents. If your daily volume exceeds 10,000 pages, contact your Hyland representative for recommendations.
For all software and operating systems listed, we recommend using the latest patch version.
The recommendations in this guide are based on a standard accounts payable project with the following properties.
- 1-3 page TIFF documents
- Document resolution of 300 dpi
- Average TIFF file size of approximately 80 KB
- Average WorkDoc size of approximately 21 KB
- A project size of less than 5 MB and less than 10 document classes
- Cleanup of exported batches within 1-3 days