To perform the upgrade via installer, complete the following steps:
Run Brainware_Invoice_Solution.exe as an Administrator. A confirmation message
Read the message to understand the scope of the upgrade and select the
I understand and want to upgrade the existing BFI
installation check box to acknowledge the message and then click
Next. The License Agreement
window is displayed.
Read and select I accept the terms in the License
Agreement check box, and then click Next.
The Upgrade Selection window is displayed.
On the Upgrade Selection window, do any of the
- Click Full Upgrade to have the installer upgrade all three BFI solution components (i.e. – project file, configuration & reporting databases, ICAL DLLs). If you select this option and click Next, the Project File window is displayed, followed by other solutions components windows. Follow instructions from step 6 for more details.
- Click Custom Upgrade (Choose one or more components) to choose one or more solution components. If you select this option and click Next, the Custom Upgrade window is displayed.
In the Custom Upgrade window, you can select one or more
BFI solution components to upgrade. You must select at least one component to
procced with the upgrade. If you choose to upgrade only the Project File
component, you must have the latest ICAL DLLs registered on your machine. Select
the components and click Next, the windows related to
your selection is displayed.
In the Project File window, select the project file you
want to upgrade by clicking Browse. After selecting the
project file, click Analyze for the installer to
determine if your selected project file is suitable for upgrade or not. If the
project file is suittable for an upgrade, a message saying The
project file has passed the validity check is displayed. Click
Next to proceed with other solution components.
- If the selected project file is not a valid BFI project file, an error message will be displayed. You can select a different project file to proceed with the upgrade.
- If the selected project file is a valid BFI project file, but there are custom inserted scripts in the protected areas of the GlobalFunctions, APPackaged and UserExits classes, a warning message is displayed. In this case, you can select a different project file, or you can continue with the upgrade by clicking Next. A confirmation message is displayed. Click Yes to continue and understand that all custom inserted scripts in the protected area will be over-written after the upgrade.
- On the Database Connection window, enter the connection string for the BFI configuration database, followed by the connection string for the BFI reporting database and then click Next. Default connection strings are set based upon the existing installation of Brainware for Invoices.
To change the default connections, complete the following steps:
Note: If the installer cannot detect the existence of valid database tables using the provided connection, a warning message is displayed. This may mean that you have selected an incorrect database to upgrade. Click OK to acknowledge the warning and then perform any of the following:
Click Change. A dialog box appears and allows
you to create the connection by selecting the database type (either
Oracle or SQL Server), server name and authentication method. For SQL
Server, you need to select the database name from the Initial
Catalog drop-down list. You can also test the connection
from the dialog box by clicking Test
- Click OK to close the dialog box and then click Next to move to the next window.
- Click Change to modify the connection string.
- Go back to the Database Upgrade window and select the manual database upgrade option.
The installer is going to upgrade the DB contents, but not the DB name. For example, if you are upgrading a BFI DB named BFI_Config36 to BFI 23.1, the DB name will remain BFI_Config36 after the upgrade is complete.
- Click Change. A dialog box appears and allows you to create the connection by selecting the database type (either Oracle or SQL Server), server name and authentication method. For SQL Server, you need to select the database name from the Initial Catalog drop-down list. You can also test the connection from the dialog box by clicking Test Connection.
Specify the directory path where you want the latest ICAL DLLs to be installed.
The default directory will be set to the existing ICAL DLL location. This
directory must be local to the machine where you are running the BFI Installer,
and the user running the installer must have access rights to this
Select Oracle or SAP, if required by your current installation.
These two options are defaulted according to your existing installation of BFI, although you have the option to change it.
- Select the Oracle check box if you require Oracle database access for the configuration database, reporting database, database validations, or database export.
- Select the SAP using RFC (not web servives) check box only if you are using Brainware for Invoices to connect to SAP via RFC. You don’t need to check this box for connecting to SAP via web services. You must have SAP .Net Connector 3.1 installed for using SAP via RFC.
Click Next. The Summary window is
Review the configuration summary and then click Update.
After the upgrade is complete, the Completed the Brainware for
Invoices 23.1 Setup Wizard window is displayed.
Click Finish to exit the set-up wizard. For partial
upgrade click OK to acknowledge the confirmation
- If you upgrade Brainware for Invoices using the installer, the updated version of Brainware for Invoices will not reflect in .
- If you are using Solution Configuration Manager (SCM), you must upgrade the BFI SCM package to 23.1