The Hotspot Configuration screen appears after you select each hotspot.
The General tab contains options for retrieval or creation.
If you configure a Folder, Custom Query, E-Form, Workflow, or WorkView context without configuring a corresponding hotspot, you are prompted each time you save your configuration.
If you would like to retrieve documents using a custom query, select the appropriate Custom Query from the drop-down list. Folder Type custom queries are not supported, and are not available from the Custom Query drop-down list. This option is used in conjunction with Custom Query contexts. When using this option, the Document Type(s) that documents are retrieved from are determined by the Document Types configured for the selected custom query. The Document Types configured for Application Enabler do not affect the documents retrieved using the defined Custom Query for the Custom Query context.
When using Application Enabler to retrieve documents using a Custom Query, all values associated with the Custom Query must be provided by Application Enabler. Application Enabler cannot pull values from HTML Forms being used for the Custom Query.
- If you want to create an E-Form upon a scrape event, select the appropriate Document Type from the E-Forms drop-down list. If you want the E-Form to be created as a Virtual E-Form, select the Virtual E-Form check box. If you want the E-Form that is created to display after the screen scrape, select the Display E-Form after scrape event check box.
If you want to create a Unity Form upon a scrape event, select the appropriate Unity Form from the Unity Forms drop-down list.
Repeating sections on Unity Forms and property controls such as Created By, Current User's Display Name, etc., are not supported for use with Application Enabler.
If you want to retrieve documents from a Workflow life cycle or queue, configure the Workflow section of the tab. If you want to retrieve from a life cycle, select the appropriate item from the Life Cycle drop-down list and leave the Queue drop-down list as <<any>>.This configuration will allow users to select the queue they want to open upon scraping. If you want to specify a specific queue to retrieve from, select the appropriate Life Cycle from the drop-down list and the appropriate Queue from the drop-down list. If you want the first document listed within a queue to be selected and displayed, select the Select the first document in the queue option. When this option is not selected, Application Enabler will attempt to find a document within the selected queue that has keyword values that match the values that are scraped. The first document found with matching keyword values within the queue will be selected and display.
If you select <<auto find>> from the Queue drop-down list, Application Enabler will automatically try to find the document in the queues of the selected life cycle. If scraped values match a single document, the matching document is opened in Workflow. If scraped values match multiple documents, the first document that matches in the life cycle is opened in Workflow. If scraped values do not match a document, Workflow opens, but no document is displayed. A blank scrape will display the first document of the first queue.Note:
If the Auto Find button is clicked when executing Workflow Retrieval from Application Enabler, the Select the first document in the queue option will be ignored. The Auto Find button is only available when <<any>> is selected from the Queue drop-down list.
If you want to perform WorkView retrieval or object creation, configure the WorkView section of the tab. Select a WorkView application from the Applications drop-down list, a class from the Classes drop-down list, and a filter from the Filters drop-down list. The application, class, and filter should match your WorkView configuration in the Keyword Type Configuration dialog box.
External Extension class objects cannot be created using Application Enabler.Note:
If you selected a WorkView attribute in the Hotspots Configuration dialog box, the application and class associated with the attribute are displayed.
If you want to display the WorkView object after creating it, select the Display WorkView object after creation check box.Tip:
Ensure that you consider any scripting that will be performed on newly created WorkView objects when configuring these settings.
If you want all Keyword Values scraped from the screen for indexing when the selected hotspot is initiated, select Include all configured keywords when posting events from this screen. If you only want the Keyword Types scraped that are configured for a hotspot in the Keyword Types tab, clear this check box.
This check box does not affect values used for retrieval.
- If you would like to retrieve documents using a custom query, select the appropriate Custom Query from the drop-down list. Folder Type custom queries are not supported, and are not available from the Custom Query drop-down list. This option is used in conjunction with Custom Query contexts. When using this option, the Document Type(s) that documents are retrieved from are determined by the Document Types configured for the selected custom query. The Document Types configured for Application Enabler do not affect the documents retrieved using the defined Custom Query for the Custom Query context.
- Click the Document Composition tab if you want to create a document with the Document Composition module using the selected hotspot. See Configuring Document Composition for more information.
Click the Folders tab if you want to retrieve a Folder or a Document Tracking Folder using the selected hotspot.
If you would like to retrieve from a folder type using the selected hotspot, select the appropriate folder type from the Folder drop-down list. This option is used in conjunction with all Folder Retrieval contexts. To retrieve from a Document Tracking folder type, select the appropriate folder type from the Document Tracking Folder drop-down list. This option is used in conjunction with all Document Tracking Folder Retrieval contexts.
Click the Contexts tab to add an adaptive context for this hotspot. See Configuring Adaptive Contexts for more information.
When an adaptive context is added, its configured keyboard or mouse event will override the same keyboard or mouse event if it is also configured at the application level. For example, if you configure the enabled application to perform the Retrieve Documents action using a Shift+Left Click event, and configure a hotspot to perform the Run Custom Query action using a Shift+Left Click event, the Run Custom Query action will override the Retrieve Documents action.
- Click the Document Type(s) tab, select one or more Document Type that you wish to retrieve documents from based on information entered in the line-of-business application hotspot. To filter available Document Types by Document Type Group, select a Document Type Group from the Filter By drop-down list.
- Click the Keyword Types tab to associate one or more keyword types with the hotspot.
Click the Live tab to configure the selected hotspot for use with Application Enabler Live. When the Allow Live Document Retrieval from this hotspot check box is selected, the hotspot can be used with Application Enabler Live.
- When the Allow exceptions from this hotspot check box is selected, exceptions can be displayed to a user when mousing over the selected hotspot in Application Enabler Live. De-selecting the check box will not display exceptions to the user for the selected hotspot. By default, this check box is automatically selected.
- Click the Date tab if you want to specify date parameters for retrieval using the selected hotspot. See Setting Date Parameters for Retrieval for more information.
- Click the Memorization tab if you want to store scraped keywords for later use on subsequent scrape events. See Configuring Memorization for more information.
- Click the Other Elements tab to configure custom actions. See Creating a Custom Element for Sorting Documents upon Scrape for more information.
- Click OK when your selection is complete. Application Enabler Configuration returns you to Hotspots Configuration dialog box. Repeat the above steps for each hotspot you wish to configure. These configuration settings can be modified at any time by clicking Settings in the Hotspots Configuration dialog box.
- Click OK.