The General tab is used to define the mouse or keyboard events used to trigger document retrieval.
When Desktop - Run Script is configured as a context, the Action column will display the name of the VBScript.
- To add a new mouse or keyboard event, click New.
The Context Properties dialog box is displayed:
- Select the OnBase client that will be used to execute the context from the Client drop-down list, and the action to be executed from the Action drop-down list. For more information on available clients and actions, see Using Contexts.
- Depending on the action and context you have configured, you can select either a VBScript or a Unity Script to associate with the keyboard or mouse event from the Script drop-down list. The VBScripts and Unity Scripts that are available are those that have been configured for the database that is currently connected.
- To define a keyboard event used to trigger a search, place your cursor in the Keyboard Event field and type the desired keystroke or keystroke combination. For example, press Ctrl and F5 simultaneously to define Ctrl+F5 as a keystroke combination.
To define a mouse event used to trigger a search, select the mouse event from the Mouse Event options (Left Click, Right Click, etc.). You can create a combination keystroke and click event by selecting the Control, Alt, or Shift options in addition to a click event.
When defining mouse events:
It is recommended to use a keyboard key in addition to the Left Click and Right Click options. It is also recommended to not use similar mouse and keyboard events in the same application. For example, Shift+Left Click and Shift+Left Double Click.
The Left Double Click and Right Double Click options are not supported when enabling a Java-based application.
The Left Double Click and Right Double Click options are registered as two single mouse clicks when enabling certain Smart-Screen applications (i.e., WPF and Silverlight applications). To enable these applications, use the Left Click or Right Click options.
- Click OK.
- If you want to use the Tab keyboard key to scrape values from the enabled screen, select the Use tabbing for scraping keywords check box.
Mouse/keyboard events can be changed after configuration by opening an existing configuration, selecting an application, clicking Configure, selecting a context, and clicking Edit.