The General tab is the starting tab in the Settings dialog box. This tab is used to configure keyword identification types and locations of keywords within the application.
To configure a keyword on the General tab:
From the ID Type drop-down list, select the how the identifier for the keyword will be calculated. Application Enabler uses these identifiers to locate elements in the line-of-business application and scrape keyword values from these elements.:
Type hierarchy based- Keywords are identified based on hierarchy.
AutomationId and occurrence based- Keywords are identified based on occurrence and automation ID.
Use AutomationId and occurrence based if a page contains multiple elements with the same name.
Tag Based- Keywords are identified based on labels that do not change location and a relative path to the target field. If Tag Based is selected, the Occurrence and Path from Tag fields are displayed. Application Enabler uses these identifiers to locate elements in the line-of-business application and scrape values from these elements. The tag value is a static field on the application. The field value is a dynamic value on the application that is scraped as the OnBase keyword value.
The tag based method is the slowest of the available ID Type methods and should only be used when other methods are not viable.
When using a tag based ID method, Chrome is the preferred browser.
Depending on the ID Type selected, perform one of the following:
For the Type hierarchy based and AutomationID and occurrence based ID Types, click and hold the Finder Tool button. Drag the cursor from the button to the element in the application you want to identify. The Value and ID fields will populate if information is available.
For the Tag Based ID Type, first click and hold the Finder Tool button near the Tag Value field first. Drag the cursor from the button to the label for the element in the application you want to identify. The Tag Value: and ID: fields will populate if information is available. Then click and hold the Finder Tool button near the Field Value field. Drag the cursor from the button to the label for the element in the application you want to identify. The Field Value field will populate with either the value in the field already or the label for the field.
When using the Finder Tool, also note the following:
- You can manually enter values, but the Finder Tool can more easily and quickly provide accurate results.
- If you have difficulty selecting values in Chrome, do one of the following:
- Drag the cursor from the button to the corner of the value you want to select rather than directly on top of the value.
- If the HTML line-of-business source code contains table structures with values placed within <td> tags, edit the source code to wrap these values in <div> tags inside the <td> tags (for example, <td><div>value</div></td>).
- If you chose AutomationId and occurrence based, specify which occurrence should be used in the Occurrence field. For example, a page contains two elements with the same name. To use the first occurrence, specify 1 in the Occurrence field. To use the second occurrence, specify 2 in Occurrence field.