Choose a unique text string as a screen identifier. Application Enabler Configuration will distinguish each screen by the value you provide. Identify the screen by locating a unique text string. In the example below, Loan Information is a unique text string located on line one, column 36. This sample application identifies the current location of your cursor by line and column coordinates shown at the bottom of the screen.
Confirm that the status line information is accurate by manually cutting and pasting the screen contents to a text editor. If the line and column locations do not match, use the text editor location information.
To identify the screen:
- In the Configure Text-based Screen dialog box, enter the screen name in the Name field. This name will be used to identify the screen in the initial Application Enabler Configuration screen. In some cases the line-of-business application name may not appear as you wish automatically. Rename the screen by replacing the default name provided in the Name field. If no name is displayed on the General section, press View Window Info Tree and find the ‘parent' of the control you are going to use. For further information, see View Window Info Tree.
Enter the caption name in the Caption field.
If you change the text in the Caption field and you are using the caption to identify the screen, the screen may not be identified correctly for your configuration. If this occurs, you must reconfigure the enabled application to reflect the changed caption text.
- If OCR should be used to identify text on the text screen, press View OCR text. For more information, see Enabling Applications Using OCR.
- Click New.
- In the Input Screen Identification String dialog box, enter the Row number, Column number, and Value contained in the string.
- Click OK.
- Repeat the above steps to add as many text strings as necessary to uniquely identify this screen.
- When you are finished adding strings, click Next.