Launch the Application Enabler Configuration installer by executing setup.exe. This executable is usually located in the \install\Application Enabler Configuration\ folder of your source installation files.
If the installer is being copied from the source location to be run from a different location, the entire Application Enabler Configuration folder and its contents must be copied to the new location.
- The Hyland Application Enabler Configuration installation welcome dialog is displayed.
Click Next. The Destination Folder dialog box is displayed.
Enter the top-level installation directory in the field provided, or click Change to browse to it.
This location does not affect components not installed under the top-level directory. If the installer provides for the installation of multiple components, the specific installation locations of each component can be changed later in the installation process.
If Change is clicked the Change destination folder dialog box is displayed.
Enter a Folder name in the field provided or select it from the Look in drop-down select list, then click OK.
If the Destination Folder is not changed, the default location is used.
Click Next. The Service Location dialog is displayed.
- In the Display Name field, enter a user-friendly name for the service location.
In the Service Path field, enter the full URL to the Service.asmx page on the OnBase Application Server. For example, https://MachineName/AppServer/Service.asmx.
Ensure that the Service Path reflects the configuration of the OnBase Application Server in regard to HTTPS bindings. If the Application Server is not configured to use HTTPS, setting the Service Path to HTTPS in this installer does not configure an HTTPS binding on the OnBase Application Server.
- In the Data Source field, enter the ODBC connection for the data source this component will use to connect to OnBase.
Select Yes from the Use NT / LDAP Authentication drop-down select list if your system uses Active Directory or LDAP Authentication, otherwise select No.
In order to use Active Directory or LDAP authentication, the database against which the installed component runs must be separately configured for Active Directory or LDAP authentication. This installer configures the installed components to match the authentication scheme of the database but does not configure Active Directory or LDAP.
Click Next. The Ready to install dialog is displayed.
- Select Create Desktop shortcut(s) when applicable to create shortcuts to the installed components in the Windows Start | All Programs | Hyland menu, on the Windows desktop, or in both locations, when applicable.
- Click Install to continue with the installation, or click Cancel to cancel the installation.
When the installation is complete, click Finish.
In order to ensure that the required system settings take effect, it is a best practice to restart the installing machine once the installer has finished.