Application Enabler 's uploading feature allows you to upload documents to OnBase directly from the line-of-business application. Index values are scraped from configured areas on the screen, eliminating the need to key index information into OnBase. Screen scraping allows OnBase to collect Keyword Values from the enabled application's configured data capture areas and use the information for indexing purposes. Values scraped are case sensitive. There is no limit to the number of index values that can be scraped from the line-of-business application.
To upload a document:
- Navigate to a screen in the line-of-business application containing data that you will use to upload a document.
- Perform the configured mouse/keyboard event on the line-of-business application screen.
- If more than one Document Type is configured for Application Enabler, you may have to select the appropriate Document Type. Depending on your configuration, you may not be prompted to select a Document Type.
- If you are not already logged in to OnBase, you are prompted to do so.
The Unity Client's Upload layout is displayed. The Upload pane displays the Keyword Values scraped from the line-of-business application.
When uploading is used in conjunction with AutoFill Keyword Sets, the corresponding Keyword Values are automatically populated in the Unity Client when a primary Keyword Value is entered in the line-of-business application.
- Select the appropriate file to upload using one of the buttons in the Import ribbon group.
- Click Upload.
- Repeat the above steps to upload additional documents.