Application Enabler 's indexing features allow you to index OnBase documents directly from the line-of-business application, eliminating the need to key index information into OnBase. Index values are scraped from configured areas on the screen. Screen scraping allows OnBase to collect Keyword Values from the enabled application's configured data capture areas and use the information for indexing purposes. Values scraped are case sensitive. There is no limit to the number of index values that can be scraped from the line-of-business application.
Application Enabler 's indexing feature can be used to scrape values in to the following areas:
The Re-Index Document dialog box, including the re-indexing user interaction window that is displayed when executing the Workflow Re-Index Document action.
The keywords pane in the Document Imaging module's Scanning window.
The Import Document panel.
To use Application Enabler 's indexing feature:
- Navigate to the area of the OnBase Web Client where you will be using Application Enabler indexing. For example, if you are importing a document, select Import Document from the Document mode drop-down list.
- Navigate to a screen in the line-of-business application containing data that you will use to index.
- Perform the configured mouse/keyboard event on the line-of-business application screen.
- If more than one Document Type is configured for Application Enabler, you may have to select the appropriate Document Type. Depending on your configuration, you may not be prompted to select a Document Type.
- Click the appropriate button to index or re-index the document.