For Archive Services to work properly, the SharePoint application's Browser File Handling must be set to Permissive, and Security Validation must be turned off.
To turn off strict file handling and security validation:
- Open SharePoint Central Administration.
- Click Application Management from the left column.
Click the Manage web applications link under Web Applications.
- Select the Web application where you installed Archive Services.
Click General Settings from the Web Applications ribbon.
The Web Application General Settings window is displayed.
- Under Browser File Handling, select Permissive.
Under Web Page Security Validation, select Off for the Security validation is setting.
When you are finished, the settings should resemble the following:
- Click OK at either the top or bottom of the Web Application General Settings window.