SAP scan queues are created via a processing option available to any OnBase scan queue. To create this link between OnBase and SAP:
In the Configuration module, select Import | Scan Queues to display the Scan Queue Configuration dialog box.
To link an already existing scan queue to SAP, skip to step 7. If you want to create a new scan queue to link to SAP, continue to the next step.
Enter a name for the new queue and click Create.
The Copy Scan Queue Settings dialog box is displayed.
- If you want to copy the settings from an existing scan queue, select one from the drop-down list and click OK, otherwise click Cancel.
- Select a disk group from the drop-down list and click Save.
- Assign the new scan queue to the user groups you want to have access to it by selecting one or more from the Available User Groups list and clicking Add.
- Click Close to finish creating the scan queue and return to the Scan Queue Configuration dialog box.
Select the scan queue you want to link to SAP and click SAP ArchiveLink.
The Create Content Server Alias dialog box is displayed.
- Enter a descriptive name.
Click Create. The SAP ArchiveLink Content Server dialog box is displayed.
Enter the name for the Content Server URL.
The URL entered here does not require a http:// prefix.
This is the name of the machine where the content server is installed with the virtual directory appended. For example, in a typical installation the virtual directory would be named archivelink. The content server URL entered here would then be machinename/archivelink.
- If you want to use an HTTPS binding, select the Use SSL check box.
- Click Save to return to the Create Content Server Alias dialog box.
- Click Close to return to the Scan Queue Configuration dialog box.
- Select the scan queue you want to link to SAP and click Process Options.
- Select the Integrations tab.
Select the SAP ArchiveLink Integration option in the SAP Options group.
- Select the appropriate ArchiveLink server from the Server drop-down list. All servers configured in the Create Content Server Alias dialog box are displayed in this drop-down.
Select the Use ‘Awaiting Transfer to Host' Queue option if you want to use the queue for bringing in documents from a scan queue using early archival.
If this scan queue will be used for late storage with bar codes, do not select this option.
- Click Save.
Typically, you would create a bar code process that uses the system keyword SAP ArchiveLink Barcode and assign it to the scan queue(s). However, you can also assign the keyword to one or more document types, and then assign those document types to the scan queues. Documents can be swept and manually indexed into one of those document types, and a value can be manually assigned to the bar code keyword. This value can also be processed automatically via OnBase Bar Code integrations.
When a scan queue batch is committed, its bar code information will first be sent to the OnBase ArchiveLink Server as XML data. When this commit succeeds, a window will appear that gives feedback to the linking process. Any errors with the reception of the linking request will be displayed in the status panel. The ArchiveLink Server will not process this request immediately, but rather it will wait and perform batch processing at configured intervals. Administrators can view any bar code errors on the bar code administration page. See Troubleshooting for more information.