When a Disk Group is configured with multiple copies, access will be attempted in this order:
- Copy 1 is attempted by using Windows UNC access.
- Copy 1 is attempted using DDS access.
- Copy 2 is attempted by using Windows UNC access.
- Copy 2 is attempted using DDS access.
- Any remaining copies are accessed in order, attempting UNC access first, then DDS.
If DDSDDS access is successful, DDS access will continue to be used for subsequent retrievals from that file server for all Disk Group copies residing on that file server.