In addition to configuring User Groups for institutional databases, individual user accounts must be assigned to institutions. For detailed information on user account configuration, see the System Administration module reference guide. To configure user accounts for institutional users in Configuration:
Select Users | User Names / Passwords to display the User Names & Passwords dialog box.
- Select the appropriate institution from the Institution drop-down select list to display only the users assigned to the selected institution. When first assigning a user to an institution, select <<ALL>> to display all users.
Select the user to configure, then click Settings. The User Settings dialog box is displayed.
- Under Options, select the institution number that should be assigned to the user from the Institution Number drop-down select list. This number should be the same as the Institution # Keyword Value set for the associated User Group. If you are a super user, the Institution Number drop-down select list lists all currently configured institutions. If you are not a super user, only the number of the institution you are logged into is listed.
- To make a user an institutional super user, select the Institutional Super User option under Administrator Options. This option for super users can only be used with layer 3 institutions. To create a super user in a layer 2 database, set the user's institution number to 99. For more information on layers for institutional databases, see Layers of Segregation in an Institutional Database. For more information on the additional settings available in the User Settings dialog box, see the System Administration module reference guide.
- Click Save to store the settings for this user. The User Settings dialog box is closed.
- Repeat the previous steps for each institutional user.
- Click Close in the User Names & Password dialog box.