As a user administrator, you can create a new OnBase user at any time, provided you can supply the user name and password to log the new user in. You can provide additional information about the user at the time of creation, or at any time thereafter.
- Ensure you are in the Users layout.
- Click Create User.
The following dialog box is displayed:
- In the User Name field, type the user name that the new user will log on to OnBase with.
In the Real Name field, type the real name of the new user (or any other text string you want to use for identification).
The Real Name of a user is limited to 99 characters.
- (Optional) In the Email Address field, type the user's email address.
- In the Password field, type the password for the user name.
- Type the same password in the Verify Password field.
- If you are using an institutional database, select an institution from the Institution drop-down list.
Click OK. The user is created.
The new user will automatically be selected in the Users list.Note:
If OnBase is unable to create the new user, it will display a dialog box with an error message explaining the reason for failure (e.g., the User Password does not satisfy the password requirements of your OnBase solution). You can resolve the problem by editing the field and then clicking OK again.