You can apply and save redactions to a document if all of the following conditions are met:
You have sufficient privileges to modify the document.
The document's file type is image.
The document's Document Type is configured to allow redactions.
- On the Document tab, click the Notes Gallery.
- Select a redaction annotation.
- Using your mouse, define the location and size of the redaction by clicking and dragging the pointer over the area you want to redact. Repeat for each area you want to redact.
- Right-click the image and select Redactions | Create New Redaction.
The Redaction Options dialog box is displayed:
- Select the Delete Redaction Notes after Creating check box if OnBase should delete redaction notes from the document after creating the new redaction.
- Select the Convert Redacted Image to Black and White check box if OnBase should convert color images to black and white after performing the redaction.
Click Create Redaction.
If configured, you may be asked to provide a comment before saving the document with redactions.
OnBase displays a message indicating that the redacted document has been created.
If OnBase indicates that the redaction could not be saved, the Document Type may not be configured for redactions.Note:
Redactions cannot be saved on an Image Rendered PDF.
The redacted document is displayed. Depending on your system's settings, this redacted document is either saved to another Document Type, saved as a revision of the current document, or the existing document is replaced by the redacted document. Depending on your system's settings, the original document may also be deleted.
If you are using EDM Services, clicking Save on the Markups tab will also save any redactions you have added to the document.