Configuration of federated logouts from the Hyland IdP server can be initiated through the appsettings.json file. When configured, a federated logout can be initiated from the Hyland IdP server when logging out of the SAML2 provider.
When a federated logout is initiated, only the Hyland IdP server is affected, not any of the clients logged in using the Hyland IdP. For example, if the OnBase Web Client is open and logged in using Hyland IdP, the user is only logged out from the Hyland IdP server when logging out of the SAML2 provider. TheOnBase Web Client is not affected and remains logged in and accessible to the user.
To enable or disable federated logouts:
- Open the appsettings.json file of the Hyland IdP server in a plain-text editor. In a default installation, this file is located at C:\Program Files\Hyland\identityprovider\config
- In the Features block, set EnableFederatedLogout to true to enable federated logouts from the Hyland IdP server, or set it to false to disable federated logouts.
- Save and close the appsettings.json file.
- Recycle the application pool of the Hyland IdP server for the changes to take effect.
- For information on configuring a federated logout from the SAML2 provider, see Enabling and Disabling Federated Logouts from the SAML2 Provider.