The Hyland IdP server hosts the required identity provider for authentication using the Hyland IdP. The Hyland IdP Administration application is included with the Hyland IdP server.
The installer can also be run from the command line. See Running the Hyland IdP Installer from the Command Line.
To install the Hyland Identity Provider (IdP) server and Hyland IdP Administration application:
Launch the Hyland.Identity.Server.Setup.exe file.
In Microsoft Windows, the installer must be launched with elevated administrator privileges.
The Hyland Identity Provider Server page is displayed.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions, then click Install. The installation wizard is initialized and launched. The Welcome to the Hyland Identity Provider Server Setup Wizard page is displayed.
Click Next. The IIS Settings | Select the IIS Website and IIS Application Name page is displayed.
- Select the website to install the Hyland IdP server under from the Web Site drop-down list. This list is populated with the websites configured in IIS and available to the target server.
Enter a name for the Hyland IdP server in the Application Name field. The default name for the Hyland IdP server is identityprovider.
The Hyland IdP server cannot have the same Application Name as other applications on the website. The Application Name should use all lowercase letters. It is a best practice not to use parentheses in the Application Name.
- In the Application Pool field, enter a name for the application pool the Hyland IdP server will use. The default name for the application pool is identityproviderAppPool.
Click Next. The IIS Settings | Set the Application Pool Credentials page is displayed.
Select Specify IIS Application Pool Credentials to configure a specific account for the Hyland IdP application pool to run under. If this option is deselected and no account is specified, the application pool runs under the ApplicationPoolIdentity account.
If you select Specify IIS Application Pool Credentials the Username, Password, and Confirm password fields are enabled. Enter the application pool credentials in the corresponding fields.Note:
The identity running the Hyland IdP server application pool must have Read access to the private key of the encryption certificate. For details on configuring certificate permissions, see the documentation provided by Microsoft for the Certificate Manager tool.
Click Next. The Destination Folder page is displayed.
Enter the installation directory in the field provided, or click Change to browse to it. In a default installation, the Hyland IdP server is installed to C:\Program Files\Hyland\identityprovider\.
If you clicked Change, the Change destination folder dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the path to the installation directory in the Folder name field, or select an installation directory from the Look in drop-down list.
- Click OK. The location is changed and the Destination Folder page is displayed.
- If you clicked Change, the Change destination folder dialog box is displayed.
- Click Next on the Destination Folder page. The Ready to install Hyland Identity Provider Server page is displayed.
- Click Install. The installation process is complete and the Completed the Hyland Identity Provider Server Setup Wizard page is displayed.
- Click Finish. The wizard completes the installation and closes.
- Click Close on the Hyland Identity Provider Server page.
- After installation, complete the steps in the following sections: